Sixt Car Rental Dubai
Traveling to Dubai for the day is one of those fun things that we do every once in a while, and this time we rented a C-Class Mercedes from Sixt Rent-A-Car so that we can drive where we want to and I can get a bit more familiar with driving in Dubai. One of the hardest things is driving the speed limit because I don’t know what are the thresholds for the speed cameras in Dubai, in Kuwait its around 15 kph above the speed limit, so I kept braking every kilometer and I wasn’t sure what some of the cameras might look like since they install new kinds every day. The experience with Sixt was a bit annoying even though we got a brand new very clean car, the whole process was annoying.
- When we booked and spoke to them we discussed all the points with them so everything was clear.
- They mentioned we would pick up the car right away from Terminal 3 with no delay, turns out they didn’t have a station in that Terminal only in Terminal 1 so we had to wait 30 mins to get the car in the heat.
- We faxed them all our documents prior to arrival they said they would need nothing else, then they asked for a copy of my credit card and they needed to charge it over the phone, just as we got the car so that was another delay.
- After we got the car and sorted everything out the guy wanted us to drop him close to Terminal 1, which I thought wasn’t bad but it was unprofessional
- The last part they told us we could drop the car off at Terminal 3, that was before we went to Dubai. When we were in Dubai they told us that we have to drop the Car in Terminal 1 and then get dropped off in Terminal 3 which was a major inconvenience and a huge waste of time.
The car was perfectly fine but the whole process was ridiculous and unprofessional, not something that I would expect from a professional rental company in Dubai. I have rented from these personal companies in Dubai before, they would get the car ready for you at the airport door, you sign off and take the car right away, this could be for any type of car, a regular Landcruiser or an German four door. I don’t think I will be using Sixt in Dubai again.